- Man Booker Prize shortlist surprisingly omits big names like Marilynne Robinson, Anne Enright (Electric Literature).
- It’s no laughing matter: Japanese comedian Naoki Matayoshi’s debut novel expected to sell more than two-million copies (Publishing Perspectives).
- Chipotle announces Jonathan Franzen, Sue Monk Kidd among 11 writers creating “Cultivating Thoughts” for bags and cups (Galleycat).
- Marvel Comics adds first First Nations superhero to its roster and pays homage to hip-hop with new covers (The Telegraph/Pitchfork)
- A look into what it takes to start a publishing house (The Wall Street Journal).
- The rise of Twitter fiction (The Atlantic).
- Iranian cartoonist Atena Farghadani imprisoned for shaking a man’s hand (The Independent).
- Welcome to the Alabama Booksmith, the only bookstore in the world that exclusively sells signed copies (Atlas Obscura).