- Ta-Nehisi Coates, Sally Mann among U.S. National Book Awards finalists for non-fiction; YA longlist also announced (Electric Lit/Los Angeles Times)
- George R. R. Martin to cameo as zombie author on Z Nation, delaying the next Song of Ice and Fire book that much longer (The Guardian).
- 53 per cent of comic buyers are now female, making women officially more nerdy than men (OZY).
- Apparently big data can tell you what books to read better than any lowly staff pick (Publishing Perspectives).
- Salman Rushdie discusses magical realism, Twitter, and his latest novel (Huffington Post).
- Scottish tennis star Andy Murray’s dog, having conquered Twitter, to become published author (The Scotsman).
- Can reading books help you better manage the daily onslaught of digital information (Harvard Business Review)?
- The New Yorker remembers Oliver Sacks (The New Yorker).