- Canadian composer Zosha Di Castri to adapt Alice Munro’s Dear Life as a musical (CBC Books).
- Chocolat author Joanne Harris condemns gender division in children’s literature (The Guardian).
- Single-sentence letter by Charles Darwin repudiating the Bible expected to fetch $90,000 (U.S.) at auction (The Guardian).
- Author Cornelia Funke launches her own press to continue her best-selling series following disagreement with publisher Little, Brown (Publishers Weekly).
- P.J. Boox, a brick-and-mortar store exclusively for self-published authors, to open in Fort Myers, Florida (Publishers Weekly).
- National Book Awards fiction longlist announced (Los Angles Times).
- How the Amish conquered the evangelical romance novel – and whether it’s okay to read them in public (The Baffler/Huffington Post).
- Defining “immigrant fiction” (Guernica).