- Twenty new lines found from The Epic of Gilgamesh (Open Culture).
- Swedish crime author Henning Mankell dies at 67 (The Guardian).
- Online Computer Library Centre, administrator of the world’s largest public-access catalogue, ends use of paper catalogue cards (Teleread).
- HarperCollins launches Italian arm (Publishing Perspectives).
- The death of “the death of books” (500ish).
- Soon, you may be able to listen to audiobooks on your smart watch (Teleread).
- Things get weird as Disney merges print and interactive digital colouring books (The Digital Reader).
- Welcome October with a visit to one of these literary horror houses (Flavorwire).