- Canada’s federal election: Canadian Art asks, Who should get the art vote?; Canadian Arts Coalition rounds up the federal parties’ arts platforms; Canadian Conference for the Arts encourages a vote for arts and culture.
- Joseph Boyden on Harper, racism, and fear. (Huffington Post)
- A reading list for Toronto Blue Jays fans. (CBC Books)
- Toronto Star to double its books section and extend bestseller lists. (Publishers Weekly)
- Amazon sues 1,000 individuals for selling fake book reviews via Fiverr (Good e-Reader).
- Ta-Nehisi Coates, Hanya Yanagihara, and Pam Muñoz Ryan win Kirkus Prizes (Flavorwire).
- Former hitman says Gabriel Garcìa Márquez had ties with drug lord Pablo Escobar. (Business Insider Australia)
- New York offers an up-close and personal look at comic-book art with a slew of specialty exhibitions this month. (The New York Times)