Sundry links from around the web:
- Underground comics artist Robert Crumb (Fritz the Cat) has completed his take on the Book of Genesis.
- To the surprise of no one, publishing execs are not immune to pay freezes. To the surprise of this Quillblogger, their base pay is still $800,000 U.S.
- In the reasons-authors-should-never-give-up department: George Orwell’s Animal Farm was rejected by none other than T.S. Eliot.
- Orwell on losing his love of books.
- Turns out Bush and Obama have something in common after all: their agent.