- Re: Reading, Toronto’s newest used bookstore, opens its doors on Saturday. (The store is located on the Danforth, not far from area stalwart Book City, as well as newcomers Type Books and Circus.)
- The shortlists for the 2009 Joe Shuster Awards, which celebrate Canadian comics creators, include Seth, Jeff Lemire, and Mariko Tamaki.
- A close reading of Agatha Christie’s oeuvre by University of Toronto profs reveals that the mystery author may have suffered from Alzheimer’s.
- Pasha Malla’s short-story collection, The Withdrawal Method, sports a handsome new cover for its U.S. release by Soft Skull Press. Here, the Toronto author is interviewed by BookSlut.
- Wired reports that none other than Microsoft is leading the charge against the Google Book Search court settlement.