Sundry links from around the Web:
- Robert Fulford on the “long service in the trench warfare of editing” of Oxford University Press’s William Toye
- The Association of American Publishers reports a staggering 116 per cent increase in e-book sales in January, but most other categories are down
- The British government downplays concerns that legal protections for U.K. libraries are under threat
- As Borders outlines downsizing, Australia’s RedGroup Retail lays off 26 head-office staff
- The battle to get Amazon to collect sales taxes in the U.S. is heating up; plus, is the free Kindle just around the corner?
- The New York Times launches new paywall in Canada today; the rest of the world will have to wait until March 28
- Salon’s Laura Miller on James Frey’s latest contrived controversy