The Gerald Lampert Award recognizes the best debut poetry collection published by a Canadian. The shortlisted books are:
- The Crow’s Vow, Susan Briscoe (Signal Editions)
- That Other Beauty, Karen Enns (Brick Books)
- Tiny, Frantic, Stronger, Jeff Latosik (Insomniac Press)
- [sic], Nikki Reimer (Frontenac Press)
- Here Is Where We Disembark, Clea Roberts (Freehand Books)
- The Nights Also, Anna Swanson (Tightrope Books)
The Pat Lowther Award is presented to a book of poetry published by a Canadian woman. The shortlisted books are:
- Ossuaries, Dionne Brand (McClelland & Stewart)
- Walking to MojÃ¡car, Di Brandt (Turnstone Press)
- Living Under Plastic, Evelyn Lau (Oolichan Books)
- Memory’s Daughter, Alice Major (University of Alberta Press)
- Cathedral, Pamela Porter (Ronsdale Press)
- La luna, Tango, siempre la luna / The Moon, Tango, Always the Moon, Nela Rio (Broken Jaw Press)
It’s been a fine week so far for Brand, who today was also nominated for the 2011 Griffin Poetry Prize.
Winners of both awards, worth $1,000 each, will be announced June 11 at the LCP Poetry Fest and Conference in Toronto.