The Ontario Library Association has announced the books selected for this year’s Forest of Reading program, which sees more than 250,000 children participate annually via registered school and public libraries. The nine categories include three for French-language books, and two for adult readers.
The top books in each category, as selected and voted upon by the readers, will receive awards at the Festival of Trees, a two-day celebration of literacy held at Toronto’s Harbourfront Centre in May, co-presented by the IFOA.
To see the complete lists of nominated titles by category, click on the links below:
- Blue Spruce (K–Gr. 2, picture books)
- Silver Birch (Gr. 3–6, Fiction/Non-fiction/Express)
- Red Maple (Gr. 7–8, Fiction/Non-fiction)
- White Pine (Gr. 9–12, Fiction)
- Le Prix Peuplier (picture books)
- Le Prix Tamarac (chapter books)
- Le Prix Tamarac Express (short chapter/advanced picture books)
- Golden Oak Awards (adult/ESL)
- Evergreen Award (adult)