- Overly prolific author Stephen King says overly prolific authors are still good authors (The New York Times).
- Grégoire Delacourt’s unrequited “declaration of love” for Scarlett Johansson, The First Thing You See, to be published in the U.K., despite protests of Scarlett Johansson (The Independent).
- The English language just keeps getting gooder, as Oxford Dictionaries adds “awesomesauce,” “butthurt,” and “manic pixie dream girl” (Time/The Globe and Mail).
- No, Cormac McCarthy isn’t on Twitter. But he is writing a new book (Flavorwire).
- NASA loved The Martian so much it helped Ridley Scott make the film adaptation (Popular Science).
- Thirty authors, including Richard Wagamese, among authors longlisted for CBC Creative Nonfiction Prize (CBC Books).
- Original Fifty Shades publisher ordered to pay $10.7-million in royalties to former business partner (BBC).