The Ontario Media Development Corporation has announced the shortlists for its Trillium Book Award/Prix Trillium. The award recognizes titles by Ontario authors in two English- and two French-language categories. The main award, for novel, book of short fiction, drama, or poetry collection, carries a purse of $20,000 for the author and $2,500 for the publisher. A separate poetry award, presented to an emerging author, holds a prize of $10,000 to the author, with an additional $2,000 to their publisher.
The English-language finalists are as follows:
Trillium Book Award for short fiction, novel, drama, or poetry
- Lynn Crosbie, Where Did You Sleep Last Night (House of Anansi Press)
- Andrew Forbes, What You Need (Invisible Publishing)
- Kevin Hardcastle, Debris (Biblioasis)
- Robert Hough, The Man Who Saved Henry Morgan (House of Anansi Press)
- Janette Platana, A Token of My Affliction (Tightrope Books)
- Karen Solie, The Road In Is Not the Same Road Out (House of Anansi Press)
Trillium Book Award for Poetry
- Madhur Anand, A New Index for Predicting Catastrophes (McClelland & Stewart)
- Soraya Peerbaye, Tell: poems for a girlhood (Pedlar Press)
- Damian Rogers, Dear Leader (Coach House Books)
English and French-language winners will be announced June 22.