The Toronto Comic Arts Festival will celebrate its 10th anniversary with what it describes in a press release as the largest and most international array of comics, authors, and artists in the history of the festival.
Feature guests include Maus author and Pulitzer Prize winner Art Spiegelman, as well as FranÃ§oise Mouly, art director at The New Yorker and co-founder, with Spiegelman, of Raw magazine.
Toronto-born Maurice Vellekoop, an artist and illustrator whose work has appeared in The New York Times, Vogue, Drawn & Quarterly, and Toronto’s Pink Triangle Press, will also headline the festival.
Other feature guests include:
- Taiyo Matsumoto, Japanese comics creator and author of Tekkon Kinkreet, which was adapted for film
- Raina Telgemeier, author of Smile and Drama
- Blutch, French cartoonist and winner of the Grand Prix de la ville d’AngoulÃªme
- Gengoroh Tagame, Japanese gay comics creator
- Dash Shaw, author of BodyWorld
Additional festival events include a gallery showing of Matsumoto’s work and a show at the Steam Whistle Brewery, where participants of the festival from the past 10 years will contribute their special vision of Toronto and comics.