The Atlantic Publishers Marketing Association (APMA) is an industry support organization representing book publishers located in Atlantic Canada. The publishers in Atlantic Canada believe a vigorous Atlantic-owned-and-controlled book publishing industry is essential to the economic, cultural, educational, and social life of Atlantic Canada. The APMA works towards growing and maintaining a strong Canadian-owned book publishing industry in Atlantic Canada.
The Executive Director is responsible for providing the leadership for the APMA by ensuring a strategic plan is created and followed, policies are developed, implemented, and monitored, staff and volunteers are mobilized, financial resources are effectively and efficiently employed, and by representing the Association and liaising with other organizations.
You will be successful in this position if you have the following:
- Undergraduate degree from a recognized educational institution in business, the humanities, or social sciences
- Five (5) years of related senior-level management experience within a complex organizational structure
- Thorough understanding of the fundamentals, key concepts, and implementation of marketing either through education or experience
- Demonstrated facilitation and negotiation skills, working with multiple stakeholders to build consensus
- Experience with grant applications and working with government funding bodies
- Advanced level of knowledge of accounting principles and financial management Proficiency with Microsoft 365 and accounting software
- Leadership experience in a non-profit environment
- Experience or education in human resource management
- Bilingual (an ability to communicate effectively in English and in French would be advantageous, but not a requirement)
Working conditions: frequent sitting, using typical office equipment, and lots of opportunity to get up and move around, some travel
Hours of work: M-F, 40 hours/week
Employment status: Full-time, permanent
If this looks like a great job for you and you’d like to learn more about it, please send your resume to email@example.com