Want to work with Canada's leading scholarly publisher? Then come and join our incredible Book Publishing Team!
Here's our current opening:
Position: Marketing Coordinator
Reports To: Sales & Marketing Manager
Division: Book Publishing
Location: 10 St Mary Street, Yonge & Bloor area
Here’s what you’ll be doing ….
Responsible for a wide range of activities intended to help promote and sell UTP’s titles throughout the world. Oversees award submissions, creates promotional materials, assists with funding applications, assists with Klopotek data entry, and the SP division’s social networking activities – Facebook, Twitter, and the UTP blog.
- Planning and coordinating exhibits in which UTP participates
- Setting up displays and selling books at major and/or local exhibits
- Arranging with cooperative exhibition organizations to display books at others
- Designing flyers and order forms
- Coordinating social media marketing activity
- Coordinating book award submissions and assisting with public funding applications and reporting
- Internal administration releasing new books and filing
Education, Qualifications and Experience:
- University graduate
- Publishing-specific certificate required
- At least one (1) year publishing or book-related experience, with proven sales or marketing experience
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- Computer literate with skills in desktop design
- Proficient with Word, Excel, Outlook, Facebook, Twitter, and blogging platforms (e.g. WordPress)
- Knowledge of Adobe InDesign and HTML is an asset
- Familiarity with book metadata systems is also an asset
- Strong communication and organizational skills are essential for this role
- A good fit with our core values of respect, innovation and accountability
About our Book Publishing Team
The Book Publishing division has a staff of 47 full time and contract employees and operates out of two locations with the scholarly publishing group based at 10 St Mary Street and the higher education group located in Guelph. The division publishes 180 books annually including scholarly monographs primarily aimed at university libraries and faculty, course books intended for student use, and trade titles aimed at the informed general reader. Our authors come from around the world and we serve a global market.
University of Toronto Press (“UTP”) is a not-for-profit company, affiliated with the University of Toronto. With approximately 250 employees and revenues of $50 million, the Company is in a unique situation within the scholarly publishing community. UTP is the only university press that operates independently from its parent institution with its book publishing division supported by the successful operation of complementary business functions.
Mission. To publish exemplary works of scholarship and to disseminate knowledge widely for the benefit of society.
Vision. To be a top tier North American Press: #1 in Canada, and one of the top 5 in the U.S.
Values: Three primary core values will govern our actions and decisions in ensuring the effectiveness of our mission: Respect, Innovation, and Accountability. These are the guiding principles by which we operate our organization and treat our co-workers, customers, clients and the community.
Interested in Applying?
Please send your resume with a covering letter by September 22 2017, to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please indicate, Marketing Coordinator in the subject line and your salary expectations in the covering letter.
We truly thank all applicants for their interest in joining the Press, only those candidates considered for an initial interview will be contacted.
The University of Toronto Press encourages applications from all qualified candidates. If you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 416.978-2239 ext. 2255.