PGC Books is seeking an organized professional with excellent communication and technical skills to fill the full-time position of a metadata specialist to start immediately. The position is ideal for someone who wants to develop a career on the data side of book and gift publishing and distribution.
- Request seasonal data from our publishers
- Load data in our database in coordination with our Inventory department
- Work on data maintenance throughout the season (ONIX updates, email updates, others)
- Audit our data on an ongoing basis but especially at the beginning of each season
Based in our Toronto, Ontario office, our Metadata Specialist will:
- Maintain and audit our database, working primarily with ONIX and text files from our client publishers (upload and maintenance of all the metadata, images, pricing, and information for all publishers, pulling together data from various suppliers and ensuring that sales, marketing, and online information is correct and up to date)
- Ongoing troubleshooting of bibliodata issues
- Seasonal creation and maintenance of a proprietary eCatalogue sales and marketing tool
The successful candidate will have:
- Excellent Excel skills
- Very strong analytical skills
- Knowledge of the publishing industry, database management and IT project experience plus a working knowledge of ONIX are an invaluable asset for this position
- Previous experience in the book publishing industry in a similar role is an asset
- Excellent people skills to effectively liaise with internal stakeholders, client publishers and data aggregators such as Booknet.
- Excellent command of English language is absolutely necessary
- An ability to schedule work to achieve strict deadlines juggling multiple complex tasks and projects at once
- The ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Salary is commensurate with experience. Candidates should send their résumé and cover letter to:
Inventory & Data Manager, PGC Books
We regret that we can only acknowledge applications from candidates selected for interviews. No phone calls or agencies, please.
Publishers Group Canada (PGC Books) is a division of Raincoast Books.
PGC Books offers full-service Canadian distribution to over 150 independent and specialty publishing houses worldwide. PGC’s sales and marketing expertise, experience, flexibility, and unmatched service provide valued client publishers with comprehensive and targeted distribution of their titles in today’s ever-changing market place. We distribute books across all subject areas. For a complete list of publishers visit our publisher page.