Want to work with Canada’s leading scholarly publisher?
Then come and join our incredible Book Publishing team!
Here’s our Current Opening:
Position: Sales & Marketing Coordinator - 1 year contract
Reports To: Sales & Marketing Manager Division: Book Publishing
Location: Downtown Toronto - Yonge and Bloor area
Here’s what you’ll be doing….
Reporting to the Sales and Marketing Manager, the position is responsible for a wide range of activities intended to help promote and sell UTP’s titles throughout the world.
- Key Responsibilities:
- Coordinating marketing activities for Rotman-UTP Publishing business books.
- Coordinating marketing activities for selected major titles.
- Pursuing bulk sales opportunities for our books.
- Pursuing course adoption opportunities for our textbooks.
- Making cold call sales approaches via phone and email.
- Researching potential courses for our textbooks.
- Building email lists.
- Designing marketing materials as required.
- Other special projects as determined.
Here’s what we are looking for:
Education, Qualifications and Experience:
- University graduate · Minimum 2-3 years of publishing or book-related experience
- Minimum 2-3 years of sales or marketing experience
- Experience with the academic/scholarly market is an asset
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- Strong communication, project management, and organizational skills
- Detail-oriented, independent self-starter with excellent research skills
- Proficient with MS Office - Word and Excel
- Experience with Adobe InDesign and Graphic design skills (print and online) is an asset
- A good fit with our core values of respect, innovation and accountability
About our Book Publishing Team
The Book Publishing division has a staff of over 40 full time and contract employees and operates out of two locations with the scholarly publishing group based at 10 St Mary Street and the higher education group located in Guelph. The division publishes 180 books annually including scholarly monographs primarily aimed at university libraries and faculty, course books intended for student use, and trade titles aimed at the informed general reader. Our authors come from around the world and we serve a global market.
About University of Toronto Press
Our organization is steeped in a rich history (UTP was founded in 1901) and today is Canada's leading scholarly publisher and one of North America’s premier academic presses. Our authors praise us for our commitment to quality and innovation and for our ability to successfully market books both in North America and around the world. We are honoured and proud that many of our books have received a number of awards.
Through the operation of several complementary divisions, it is our mission to publish exemplary works of scholarship, and to disseminate knowledge widely for the benefit of society. In addition to publishing books, we own and publish numerous high profile scholarly journals, distribute books to a broad range of other publishers through our warehouses in Toronto and Buffalo and operate highly regarded and successful campus stores for the University of Toronto.
We operate with mutual trust, respect, and integrity. We communicate in an open, honest, sensitive, and intelligent manner. We acknowledge the diversity, dignity, and worth of all individuals and respect their competencies and contributions. We seek continuous improvement, and foster an environment that encourages creativity and inspires people to make a difference. We are committed to making UTP a great place to work and grow!
Interested in applying?
Please send your resume with a covering letter by November 20, 2017, to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please indicate, Sales & Marketing Coordinator in the subject line and your salary expectations in the covering letter.
We truly thank all applicants for their interest in joining the Press, only those candidates considered for an initial interview will be contacted.
The University of Toronto Press encourages applications from all qualified candidates. If you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies, please contact Human Resources at the email above or 416.978-2239 ext. 2255