Patrick deWitt’s comedic Western novel, The Sisters Brothers (House of Anansi Press), has been nominated for the 2012 Leacock Memorial Medal for humour writing, less than a week after it won The Morning News‘ Tournament of Books.
Last fall, deWitt won the Governor General’s Literary Award for Fiction and the Rogers Writers’ Trust Literary Award. He was also shortlisted for the Scotiabank Giller Prize and the Man Booker Prize.
The five Leacock nominees are:
- Patrick deWitt, The Sisters Brothers (Anansi)
- Rupinder Gill, On the Outside, Looking Indian: How My Second Childhood Changed My Life (McClelland & Stewart)
- Susan Juby, The Woefield Poultry Collective (HarperCollins Canada)
- Shari LapeÃ±a, Happiness Economics (Brindle & Glass)
- Robyn Michele Levy, Most of Me: Surviving My Medical Meltdown (Greystone Books)
The winner of the $15,000 prize will be announced at the award gala on June 9.