We are officially on holiday as of yesterday, but we thought we should end the Quillblog year with a look back at our ten most popular posts of the year.
- Secrets of the Canadian literary cabal (January 23)
- Event Photos: George Jonas launches book with a little help from Conrad Black (March 29)
- Fun with blurbs (Rebecca Eckler edition) (April 2)
- Eckler vs. Hollywood (June 4)
- Harry Potter and the Online Leak (July 18)
- Lawyers are not rats, say lawyers (July 30)
- CanLit hates youth, says young author (October 22)
- Bill O’Reilly outs J.K. Rowling as a provocateur (October 24)
- The Golden Compass banned by Catholic school board (November 22)
- The most influential people in the Canadian book-biz are¦.? (November 26)
What these posts say about our readership we wouldn’t presume to say.
All we can do is hope that all you scandal-loving, muckraking, conspiracy-minded booklovers who delight in the misfortune of others have some very happy holidays.
See you in the new year for more of this kind of thing.
Feel free to tell us in the comments what your favourite books of the year were, what books you hope to be given as presents, what books you plan to give yourself as presents, and what books you are looking forward to next year.
Oh, and tell us how you think the industry should handle the issue of pricing differentials “ you know, Christmasy stuff.