Reporting To: Senior Vice-President & Executive Publisher
Location: 22 Adelaide St West, Toronto
Company: HarperCollins Canada
Reporting to the Senior Vice-President & Executive Publisher, the successful candidate will provide editorial and administrative support.
- Liaising with authors & Canadian literary agents
- Liaising with international literary agents and international publishers
- Liaising with in-house production, sub rights, contracts and sales, list manager, marketing, publicity, supply chain and other colleagues
- Preparing title sheets and book metadata and updating PIX
- Writing and reviewing cover and flap copy
- Attending company functions and author events
- Providing back-up reads and editorial feedback as required
- Preparing contract requisition forms and requesting payment of advances
- Circulating praise and reviews
- Taking editorial and publishing meeting minutes
- Arranging business travel/appointments
- Filing expense reports
- Logging and tracking scout submissions
- Preparing slideshows for talks/meetings/presentations
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- 1 - 3 years of experience in publishing
- Post-secondary education in a related field
- Publishing Program Certificate would be an asset
- Knowledge of Canadian publishing industry
- Attention to detail
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
- Creativity, enthusiasm, and a love of books
- Able to multi-task, determine priorities, and remain cool under pressure --Strong written and oral communication skills
How to Submit:
Please apply with your cover letter (required) and resume through our careers page here.
HarperCollins Canada is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
HarperCollins Canada is committed to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.