Scholastic Canada is one of the country's leading publishers and distributors of children's books in both official languages. For over 60 years Scholastic Canada has introduced young people to the joys of reading.
Work Location: This position works out of our Toronto downtown office located at 604 King St. West. Our team is currently splitting time in the office and at home. Expectation is that the office is this person’s primary work location, with flexibility for some days at home.
- Digitize and index creative and intellectual property (from paper and digital media)
- Manage French reprints.
- Respond to unsolicited submissions and to calls from prospective French authors and illustrators.
- Prepare material for sales meetings.
- Perform administrative duties – invoices, payment requisitions, couriers, sample copy distribution
- Transfer book information into STEP database.
- Send text to translators.
- Order CIP.
- Assist other departments with French proofreading, as required.
- Help with permissions and StoryWalks.
- Respond to and track awards submissions.
- Organize and update libraries and archives.
- Send contract copies to co-publishers, creators and agents.
- Seek approval of French books from licensors.
- Organize schedules for Bologna and Frankfurt Book Fair attendees.
- Assist with the maintenance of the website.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bilingual French / English
- University or college graduate, diploma in publishing an asset
- Knowledge of and interest in children’s books, pop culture and children’s media
- Ability to multitask and handle many projects at once
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize
- Strong proofreading skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills, both verbal & written
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Reading on own time necessary
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and InDesign software
Some of the benefits we offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Attractive corporate RRSP program
- Health and Dental Benefits after probationary period
- Employee discounts on scholastic merchandise
- Paid time off between Christmas and New Year’s Day
Thank you for considering Scholastic Canada.
If you are interested in the above position, please forward a copy of your resume (both in French and English) including salary expectation, by October 6, 2022 to:
Human Resources Division
Scholastic is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We thank all applicants for their interest in the position, however only those under consideration will be contacted.
We embrace diversity in our people, products and ideas. We believe in: the worth and dignity of each individual, respect for the diverse groups in our multicultural society, the right of each individual to live in a wholesome environment, high moral and spiritual values, the democratic way of life with basic liberties and responsibilities for everyone, representative government and even-handed justice that maintains equality of rights for all people, cooperation and understanding among all people for the peace of the world, the basic freedoms of all individuals (we oppose discrimination of any kind on the basis of race, creed, colour, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, or national origin), and the fair discussion of all sides of the issues of our time (with deep respect for facts and logical thinking in our books, classroom magazines, and educational materials used in schools and homes).
Recruitment-related accommodations for disabilities are available to applicants who are selected for an interview. Please notify the interviewer in advance of any accommodations you require.