Kids Can Press Ltd.
A Corus Entertainment Company
Kids Can Press Ltd., a subsidiary of Corus Entertainment Inc. and a leading Canadian publisher of books for children, has an exciting opportunity for an Editorial Assistant in our Toronto location. This is a full-time, one-year-contract position. Reporting to the Managing Editor, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing support to the Editorial, Design and Editorial Services departments.
- Project manage the editorial work on custom publishing projects.
- Project coordination of custom publishing sales –– working with Rights, Sales & Marketing, Editorial, Design and Production departments.
- Provide administrative support to the Editorial and Editorial Services departments by assisting with ebook quality assurance, coordinating responses to unsolicited manuscripts, conducting research, maintaining archives, sending out creator comp copies, etc.
- Copy edit and proofread editorial and marketing copy as required.
- Provide general administrative support to the Managing Editor and the Associate Publisher and to the department as required.
- Coordinate creator contracts, including proofreading contracts, trafficking contracts internally and externally for signature, maintaining contract files, etc.
The successful candidate is a self-starter who works equally well independently and as part of a team, organized with excellent time management skills and interested in children’s literature and the children’s book industry.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- University degree with one year's relevant publishing experience.
- Demonstrated copy editing and proofreading skills.
- Working knowledge of the publishing production process.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and manage constantly shifting priorities.
- Strong relationship management and project management skills.
We offer a competitive salary and good working conditions in a convenient downtown location near Union Station. Interested applicants are invited to send a resume by Wednesday, February 21, 2018 to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include Editorial Assistant in the subject line of your email. No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.