Inhabit Education is a quickly growing Inuit-owned educational publishing company that produces materials for students and teachers in Nunavut. We primarily publish in Inuktitut and English, and occasionally in French and Inuinnaqtun. Our mandate is to create educational materials that are culturally appropriate and grounded in pedagogical research and experience.
We are looking to hire an Educational Consultant with early childhood education experience to support the development of resources and materials for early learning and childcare settings. We are seeking an individual who is available for full-time or part-time freelance work.
We are seeking an Educational Consultant to:
- Conduct research on current national and international best practices in early childhood education
- Write, revise, and edit resources and materials for early learning and childcare settings
- Collaborate with educational consultants and subject matter experts and incorporate feedback on draft materials
- Participate in resource development meetings (currently online only)
Required qualifications and experience:
- Diploma or degree in Early Childhood Education or a related field
- 5+ years of experience working in an early childhood education setting
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines
Additional skills and experience:
- Experience in educational publishing or resource development
- Strong writing skills, particularly plain-language writing
- Experience working in a Northern context
Requirements for application:
- A cover letter and resume, sent as one PDF
- At least two educational writing samples in the area of early childhood education
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 8th, 2021. Please note, we are unable to accept calls about this position.