Do you have a passion for children’s books? Are you interested in developing your skills within a dynamic sales and marketing team at Canada’s largest children’s publisher? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment and have the ability to juggle multiple tasks? An exciting opportunity is available at Scholastic Canada in the Trade Division for the position of Junior Business Analyst, reporting to the VP of Trade.
Scholastic Canada is the country's leading publisher and distributor of children's books in both official languages. For over 60 years, Scholastic Canada has introduced young people to the joy of reading.
The Junior Business Analyst will support and assist all Scholastic businesses in providing brand and license reporting to our U.S. head office and various publishing partners. You will use your strong analytic and communication skills to build relationships with key internal and external partners to support all reporting and forecasting functions. You will work closely with the Trade Business Analyst and Product Manager to streamline all current processes.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Duties will include: forecasting, analyzing and reporting on key brands as per specified contractual requirements.
- Working closely with our US office and all internal Scholastic Canada divisions, product managers, analysts, finance and supply chain contacts to build-on and streamline the current reporting process.
- Responsible for additional ad-hoc and cross channel reporting as required.
- Assist in creating, analyzing and disseminating various sales and marketing reports including; Silvon /Stratum estimating and reporting, Book Net Canada Sales Data reports, Market Share Reports, analysis of market competition and ad hoc reports as needed and requested.
- Assist in set-up and analysis of Trade sales forecasting grids, comparable title information and creation of new title target grids.
- Become an expert in all areas of Silvon / Stratum reporting and assist in providing Silvon / Stratum training to all areas of the Scholastic organization as required.
- Participate in all sales conferences, events and trade shows as needed.
- Will represent Scholastic Canada in any and all relevant industry events and meetings.
- Some independent reading, evening and weekend work will be required.
- A post –secondary graduate with excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in sales analytics and business reporting.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment while collaborating in a team.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (including advance Excel and PowerPoint), Google Documents.
- Detail-oriented with strong problem-solving skills.
SOME OF THE BENEFITS WE OFFER:
- Competitive compensation package
- Attractive corporate RRSP program
- Health and Dental Benefits after probationary period
- Employee discounts on Scholastic merchandise
Thank you for considering Scholastic Canada
If you are interested in the above position, please forward a copy of your resume including salary expectations by Friday, December 6, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scholastic is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace diversity in our people, products and ideas. We thank all applicants for their interest in the position, however only those under consideration will be contacted. No telephone calls or agencies please.
Recruitment-related accommodations for disabilities are available to applicants who are selected for an interview. Please notify the interviewer in advance of any accommodations you require.