We are looking for a hard-working, dedicated, and well-organized Marketing Assistant at a publishing house known for its Very Good Books.
Reporting to the Marketing Managers, the Marketing Assistant supports digital, institutional, and trade marketing endeavors.
This is a full-time position. House of Anansi Press is an equal opportunity employer that offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
- Collaborate with the Marketing Managers to brainstorm campaigns and seek out content opportunities
- Manage the communities of House of Anansi, Groundwood Books, and Anansi Poetry and schedule all content
- With direction from the Marketing Manager, develop creative assets to be used on social media and the website
- Create and deploy newsletters for House of Anansi and Groundwood Books
- Create and monitor digital ads on all platforms
- Design print marketing materials as needed
- Support the marketing team with award submissions for Groundwood Books
- Build and edit marketing mailing lists and organize mailings as needed
- Any other responsibilities that might be required
- On the cutting-edge of digital trends and book culture
- Interest in design and branding
- Passion for social media and content development
- Basic knowledge of Photoshop and InDesign
- Familiarity with Shopify and MailChimp a benefit
- Strong written and interpersonal skills
- Resourceful and reliable
- Eager to learn about all aspects of the publishing industry
Interested applicants can submit a resume and cover letter via https://bit.ly/2rCB8mx
No phone calls please. We would like to thank all those who apply, but we will only be able to contact those who are selected for an interview.