The Canadian Manda Group seeks a full-time Publicist to join their team, working in the Toronto office.
Main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Planning and executing publicity campaigns for a select list of Canadian Manda Group’s books, covering a wide range of genres from celebrity cookbook to literary fiction, memoirs, fashion/style, and young adult/children’s books.
- Working with the Marketing teams to identify key upcoming titles and opportunities.
- Pitching national and local reviewers and producers, booking media tours and interviews, and scheduling author events.
- Pitching and organizing several in-store events and/or book festival appearances per year for authors.
- Developing and maintaining solid relationships with authors and the media.
- Writing press releases.
- Researching, creating and maintaining media lists.
- Developing and launching an influencer outreach program.
- Coordinating review mailings and review copy requests.
- Generating a weekly publicity report for the sales team.
- Assisting the Director of Sales & Marketing with major publicity campaigns.
The successful candidate will have:
- A minimum of 2 years of publicity experience; book publishing experience preferred.
- A passion for books and communicating our authors ideas on all manner of media platforms.
- Ability to manage and follow-through on multiple projects and work independently.
- Possess exceptional writing and communication skills.
- Displays keen attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Will have an entrepreneurial approach to the role.
- Will be a great collaborator and work well in a team to execute alongside sales and marketing objectives.
- Will be vivacious, energetic and enthusiastic.
- Understanding of social media as a marketing tool.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Excel.
- Driver’s License required.
Founded in 1977, Canadian Manda Group is a leading sales agency of books, stationery and gift products, offering renowned international and local publishers to retailers, libraries and wholesalers. Our team is comprised of a strong network of enthusiastic and devoted individuals, who bring a deep understanding of publishing to their jobs. We're one of the largest commission sales forces anywhere in North America. With 20 staff members, our company has representatives in Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto and Montreal who offer sales, marketing and logistical support to specialty shops, museums, bookshops and wholesalers across Canada.
Please send letter of introduction, resume and references to Carey Low: email@example.com
Only applicants considered for an interview will be contacted.
Start date: January 2018