Sales Assistant (1 Year Contract)
Penguin Random House Canada is seeking candidates for an entry-level sales position. The Sales Assistant will support the sales team in day-to-day activities; and facilitate long-term process improvement projects across all channels. This work will span sales channels including national accounts; online and digital; independents; wholesale and mass merchandise; libraries and academics; and special markets.
What You’ll Do
- Prepare materials (including PowerPoint presentations and sell sheets) for members of the sales team and for accounts.
- Assist in the generation and review of sales reporting; derive and communicate insights.
- Prepare lists for sales features, including price promotions and thematic offerings.
- Research and implement tools to automate recurring tasks.
- Liaise with partners, both internal and external, to build, clarify, and improve processes.
- Compile and input data — including order quantities and sales estimates — into designated tools.
- Organize and mail department materials (advance copies, samples, etc.).
- Knowledge of the Canadian publishing landscape.
- Aptitude and enthusiasm for learning about publishing and sales.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to effectively interact with employees across all levels within a company.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects while working within a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to synthesize complicated problems and work with stakeholders to develop solutions.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, online collaboration tools (e.g. Google Docs, Slack, Asana, Trello).
- Experience in market research, sales analysis, business insights, or a related discipline.
- Demonstrated expertise in Excel, PowerPoint, InDesign, or Business Objects.
- Experience with or willingness to learn programming languages like SQL or Python.
The position is located in our Toronto office and reports to the Customer Operations Manager.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 8th, 2017.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Penguin Random House Canada encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 416-364-4449, if you need accommodation at any stage of the application process, or want more information on our accommodation policies.