Come join our incredible Publishing team!
Here’s our current opening:
Position: Marketing Coordinator
Reports To: Associate Director, Sales and Marketing
Location: 800 Bay Street*
Here’s what you’ll be doing….
You’ll be responsible for planning and executing marketing strategies helping readers and authors discover UTP Journals, including coordinating and planning conference exhibits, conducting research, and coordinating marketing plans and reports.
* For this position, we currently have the option of working totally remotely or in a hybrid model. However, this position may initially require some in-office time mixed with work from home during the onboarding phase.
• Manages social media channels including updating and maintaining social media calendar
• Engages with online communities through social channels
• Implements direct e-mail, newsletter, and listserv campaigns – writing and designing messages, deploying messages, analyzing results, and creating reports
• Contributes to major marketing campaigns and events as part of the marketing team, including coordinating conference exhibits and staffing (including travel), designing and/or creating ads and collateral material
• Manages content marketing initiatives, including press releases, new content alerts, and special articles promotions to drive traffic to online use
• Creates digital advertising and pay per click campaigns, including identifying goals, defining strategy, and providing tracking and final reports
• Performs regular analysis to measure effectiveness of digital marketing initiatives
• Assists with Abstracting and Indexing databases, including submitting applications as well as supporting journals through process and maintenance
• Builds digital expertise by researching new trends and best practices in social media and digital space, and identifying appropriate strategies for marketing UTPJ content
• Researches and identifies trends and new technologies that will improve the positioning and marketing of scholarly journals and their authors
Here’s what we are looking for:
Education, Qualifications, and Experience:
• Post-secondary graduate
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in related business environment; experience in periodical or scholarly environment an asset
• Publishing certificate an asset, but not required
Knowledge, Skills, and Attributes:
• Results and action oriented, creative and innovative big picture thinker
• Customer/client focused with ability to represent UTP; must have a positive and professional approach and be able to present concepts to clients with confidence
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, attention to detail, and time management skills
• Collaborative; flexible in changing situations; thrive in a fast-paced environment; manage multiple projects with ease
• Ability to work independently and demonstrate initiative
• Ability to consistently meet deadlines
• Keep informed in trends in industry
• Proficient with Outlook, Microsoft Office, and database software
• Some business travel required
• Research skills and social media savvy
• Commitment to continuous learning
• Values matter to you. You bring your whole self to work and you live our values of accountability, innovation, respect, and customer focus
About our Publishing team
The Publishing Division has a staff of over 50 full-time and contract employees and operates out of 800 Bay Street, Toronto. With the publication of influential authors and award-winning research, as well as a continuing dedication to groundbreaking new scholarship and innovative texts, UTP has firmly established its reputation for excellence. Books and journals published by UTP are written for intellectually curious readers, academics, researchers, students, and practitioners. Our authors come from around the world and we serve a global market.
About University of Toronto Press
University of Toronto Press (UTP) is one of the largest university presses in North America, publishing landmark scholarship since 1901. Each year UTP releases over 200 new scholarly, course, and general interest books in both print and eBook format and over 45 journals. In addition, UTP manages the distribution for over 200 publishers and imprints in Canada, the US and around the world, with warehouses in Toronto ON and Buffalo NY. UTP also runs all of the University of Toronto Bookstores across the three main campuses, serving over 95,000 students and 15,000 faculty. For more information, please visit utorontopress.com.
As the leading university press in Canada and one of the largest in North America, we acknowledge our role and responsibility in effecting positive change. With this, we seek to continuously improve the diversity and representation of our publications and the clients we represent, as well as within the makeup of our organization. With strong commitment from leadership, we are collectively bringing forward change across the organization, both within our company culture and in our publishing, distribution, and retail endeavours. UTP operates with mutual trust, respect, and integrity as we strive to identify and remove barriers. We are committed to making UTP a great place to work by addressing and challenging systemic inequities.
Interested in applying?
Please visit our website to apply online https://utorontopress.com
We truly thank all applicants for their interest in joining the Press, only those candidates considered for an initial interview will be contacted.
The University of Toronto Press encourages applications from all qualified candidates. If you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies, please contact Human Resources at 416.978.2239 ext. 2255.