Simon & Schuster Canada is looking for a full-time Senior Digital Marketing Manager to lead our digital marketing and social media strategy and deliver integrated marketing campaigns for select titles. The candidate should be passionate about books and storytelling and be able to pair that enthusiasm with the power of digital marketing to support and build brand awareness, create measurable results, and find new ways to engage consumers. This position works cross functionally with multiple departments and is critical in developing strategies that grow the business and promote our titles and authors. The ideal candidate should exhibit strong leadership skills and be organized, creative, and able to translate insights into strategy. We are currently working remotely, but the candidate will be commuting to our Toronto office when we reopen.
- Develop and lead the strategic planning, budgeting, and execution of: newsletter initiatives, digital advertising, social media programs
- Leverage social media expertise and current best practices to lead the planning and execution of social media strategies
- Deliver detailed and actionable insights and strategic recommendations for all display advertising and social media marketing programs and provide interpretation, guidance, and recommendations to drive performance
- Create and execute impactful marketing campaigns for select titles
- Manage digital marketing associate
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of industry news, best practices, and changes in platforms, and identify how they impact existing programs
- 3-5 years of digital marketing experience, book industry preferred
- Experience in search engine marketing, paid social ads, and display/programmatic, email, and web analytics
- Proficiency with video and photo editing tools, digital media formats, and HTML
- Experience with project management tools
- Exceptional communication skills
- Excellent copywriting skills
- Strong time management and multitasking skills
- Passion for booksTo apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, February 2. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.Simon & Schuster Canada is a division of Simon & Schuster, a part of ViacomCBS Inc., and publishes a wide range of bestselling fiction and nonfiction books for all readers. Our bestselling authors include Samantha Bailey, Genevieve Graham, Rupi Kaur, Beverley McLachlin, Peter Mansbridge, Kate Morton, Liz Nugent, Neil Pasricha, Tegan & Sara Quin, Kathy Reichs, Iain Reid, Jesse Thistle, Ruth Ware, and many more.
Simon & Schuster is a global leader in general interest publishing, dedicated to providing the best in fiction and nonfiction for readers of all ages, and in all printed, digital, and audio formats. Its distinguished roster of authors includes many of the world’s most popular and widely recognized writers, and winners of the most prestigious literary honors and awards. Its divisions include Simon & Schuster Adult Publishing, Simon & Schuster Children’s Publishing, Simon & Schuster Digital, and international companies in Australia, India, United States, and the United Kingdom.