The Access Copyright Foundation has announced the names of the 37 creators who have been awarded 2023 Marian Hebb Research Grants.
This year’s recipients received a total of $140,000 – the largest annual amount that has been awarded since 2013.
The Marian Hebb Research Grant is one of three grant programs administered by Access Copyright Foundation. The grant supports “inquiry and exploration relevant to Canadian publishing, writing and visual arts, and toward the realization of a publishable work in progress.”
This year’s grant review panel was comprised of author and academic Sneha Subramanian Kanta, author Ken McGoogan, and investigative journalist and author Karen Pinchin.
The grant recipients are:
- Caroline Adderson; Vancouver, B.C.
- Jeremy Appel; Edmonton, Alberta
- Tanaz Bhathena; Mississauga, Ontario
- Becky Blake; Toronto, Ontario
- Pamela Clark; Calgary, Alberta
- Trevor Corkum; Albany, P.E.I.
- Nancy Jo Cullen; Kingston, Ontario
- paulo da costa; Calgary, Alberta
- Diana Davidson; Edmonton, Alberta
- Sadiqa de Meijer; Kingston, Ontario
- Marcello Di Cintio; Calgary, Alberta
- Bonnie Farmer; Dorval, Quebec
- Vanessa Farnsworth; Creston, B.C.
- Yolande House; Toronto, Ontario
- Helen Humphreys; Kingston, Ontario
- Joanna Kafarowski; Victoria, B.C.
- Kelly Kaur; Calgary, Alberta
- Angela Long; Oshawa, Ontario
- Nadja Lubiw-Hazard; Toronto, Ontario
- Jeanette Lynes; Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
- Gil McElroy; North Bay, Ontario
- Cassidy McFadzean; Toronto, Ontario
- Kim Pittaway; Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
- Alexandra Popoff; Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
- Clea Roberts; Whitehorse, Yukon
- Ian Roy; Ottawa, Ontario
- María (Mary) Helena Rykov; Toronto, Ontario
- Dr. Ron Smith; Nanoose Bay, B.C.
- Dr. Erin Soros; North Vancouver, B.C.
- Rachelle Stein-Wotten; Nanaimo, B.C.
- Suzanne Stewart; Antigonish, Nova Scotia
- Mohammad Tabesh; Toronto, Ontario
- Kira Vermond; Guelph, Ontario
- Peggy Walt; Halifax, Nova Scotia
- Russell Wangersky; Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
- Susan White; Clifton Royal, New Brunswick
- Paula Wild; Comox, B.C.
Correction, July 26: This story has been updated to reflect the fact that the foundation began awarding research grants in 2010, not 2013.