Nominees have been announced for this year’s Trillium Book Awards.
The four prizes celebrate literary achievement by Ontario-based authors. Trillium Book Award (French and English language) winners will receive $20,000, with their respective publishers allotted $2,500 to promote their winning titles. Winners of the Trillium Book Award for Poetry in English language and the Trillium Book Award for Children’s Literature in French language each receive $10,000, and their publishers, $2000.
Finalists will read from their books at a free public event at the Toronto Reference Library on June 12. The winners will be announced June 13 at an industry event.
English-language Trillium Book Award
- Tamara Faith Berger, Queen Solomon (Coach House Books)
- Dionne Brand, The Blue Clerk (McClelland & Stewart)
- Claudia Dey, Heartbreaker (Harper Avenue/HarperCollins)
- K.D. Miller, Late Breaking (Biblioasis)
- Miriam Toews, Women Talking (Knopf Canada)
Trillium Book Award for Poetry in English language
- Gwen Benaway, Holy Wild (Book*hug)
- Stevie Howell, I left nothing inside on purpose (McClelland & Stewart)
- Robin Richardson, Sit How You Want (Signal Editions/Véhicule Press)
French-language Trillium Book Award
- Alain Doom, Un quai entre deux mondes (Prise de parole)
- Gilles Latour, À la merci de l’étoile (Les Éditions L’Interligne)
- Lisa L’Heureux, Et si un soir (Prise de parole)
- Yvon Malette, Entre le risque et le rêve (Éditions David)
- David Ménard, Poupée de rouille (Les Éditions L’Interligne)
Trillium Book Award for Children’s Literature in French language
- Pierre-Luc Bélanger, L’Odyssée des neiges (Éditions David)
- Diya Lim, La marchande, la sorcière, la lune et moi (Les Éditions L’Interligne)
- Daniel Marchildon, Otages de la nature (Éditions David)