The shortlist has been announced for the $50,000 Donner Prize. The prize celebrates Canadian public-policy writing.
The winner will be announced May 19 in a virtual event, with details to be announced at a later date. The four shortlisted authors will receive $7,500. The shortlist was chosen by a jury chaired by Canadian economist David Dodge and composed of Mark S. Dockstator, Jean-Marie Dufour, Brenda Eaton, Peter Nicholson, and Glenda Yeates.
- Securité, liberté et criminalité, Maurice Cusson (Les éditions du Septentrion)
- RESET: Reclaiming the Internet for Civil Society, Ronald J. Deibert (House of Anansi Press)
- The Machinery of Government: Public Administration and the Liberal State, Joseph Heath (Oxford University Press)
- The Citizen’s Guide to Climate Success: Overcoming Myths that Hinder Progress, Mark Jaccard (Cambridge University Press)
- The Age of Fentanyl: Ending the Opioid Epidemic, Brodie Ramin, (Dundurn Press)