Ten finalists have been announced for the 2021 Elizabeth Mrazik-Cleaver Canadian Picture Book Award. Established in 1985, the award is presented to a Canadian illustrator in recognition of outstanding artistic talent.
The finalists include:
- Window, illustrated by Marion Arbona (Kids Can Press)
- Le grand méchant loup dans ma maison, illustrated by Nathalie Dion and written by Valérie Fontaine (Les 400 Coups)
- The Barnabus Project, illustrated by The Fan Brothers (Tundra Books)
- The Three Brothers, illustrated by Marie-Louise Gay (Groundwood Books)
- The Old Woman, illustrated by Nahid Kazemi and written by Joanne Schwartz (Groundwood Books)
- The Lady with the Books, illustrated by Marie Lafrance and written by Kathy Stinson (Kids Can Press)
- The Paper Boat, illustrated by Thao Lam (Owlkids Books)
- Snow Days, illustrated by Miki Sato and written by Deborah Kerbel (Pajama Press)
- At the Pond, illustrated by Geraldo Valério (Groundwood Books)
- The Egg, illustrated by Geraldo Valério (Owlkids Books)
The award, which includes a cheque for $1,000, is administered by the Canadian section of the International Board of Books for Young People. The winner will be announced on March 6, 2021.