For a second year, the Nova Scotia Book Awards were presented at a stand-alone event on June 5.
Awards in five categories were given out.
George Borden Writing for Change Award
- Elder Sister Dorothy Moore, A Journey of Love and Hope (Nimbus Publishing)
Evelyn Richardson Non-Fiction Award
- El Jones, Abolitionist Intimacies (Fernwood Publishing)
Maxine Tynes Nova Scotia Poetry Award
- Sylvia D. Hamilton, Tender (Gaspereau Press)
Dartmouth Book Award for Fiction
- Alexander MacLeod, Animal Person (McClelland and Stewart/Penguin Random House Canada)
Margaret and John Savage First Book Award (Non-Fiction)
- Mandy Rennehan, The Blue Collar CEO: My Gutsy Journey from Rookie Contractor to Multi-Millionaire Construction Boss (Collins/HarperCollins)
The Nova Scotia Book Awards is a partnership between the Dartmouth Books Awards Committee and the Writers’ Federation of Nova Scotia, with support from the Atlantic Book Awards Society.